Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Tantus makes the best bugg plugs and anal-oriented strap-on attachments that I'm aware of. Everything they do is silicone, which is compatible with any lube but silicone lube, and for health reasons I'd recommend staying away from putting liquid silicone inside your body, seriously. (I knew a woman whose health was wrecked from a leaking silicone breast implant).
I already owned the Tantus Ryder. This is probably the best all-around plug made. You can get a great deal on it at Amazon with Super Saver if you you only want a swirly metallic purple color. My problem with it is that the 'stalk' is not long enough for me (my girlfriend has no complaints). It seems the inside and outside of my sphinctor don't have quite as much room as they want. Plus, to me a butt plug is to open the sphinctor, not necessarily 'fill you up'. So I picked up a Tantus Ace Small, great deal again, though no super saver and no choice of color at this price. Like all sex toys, it's bigger than you'd thought it'd be when you get it, but I knew this, which is why I bought the Small. It's big enough for me.
The stalks on both the Ryder and Ace Small are about 3/4 inch. However, on the Ace, the stalk is longer: 1.5 inches, as opposed to a little over a scant half an inch on the Ryder. Big difference. And the head is of MUCH less volume on the Ace; about a third the volume. Shape-wise, I think the Ryder is intrinsically superior, it's mainly the short stalk that's the problem for me. So aside from that, I think shape-wise, the Ryder's actually more comfortable to have in, and serves more utilitarian function as a dilation stepping stone between anal play and insertion of... yourself.
The Ace is shorter, too: 3 inches insertible, vs almost 3 and 3/4 inches insertible. The size difference looks more stark side-by-side than it sounds on paper. Ditto when I say that they are both the same width at their widest points, 1 and 1/4 inches (3cm). The Ace is only that wide briefly. The Ryder tapers off slowly.
Despite what I said above, and despite the Ace's smaller size, I and my partner would often expel the Ryder during climax. With the one use of the Ace so far, I don't think that will be the case with it; it has something to do with its shape, maybe it's that extra stalk length. Still, I think the Ryder is a more natural, intuitive, and comfortable shape. To me, they have different purposes.
My Ryder is from around '07 and is noticeably firmer than this new (late '08) Ace. The firmness of the Ryder was my other main complaint. The increased softness of the Ace is welcome, but it's still not as soft as something rubber or jelly. Then again, you can do almost anything you want to this thing, and it will last almost indefinitely (then again, it had better, for how much it costs).
Both are of swirly metallic purple, but the Ace is lighter purple, has less swirlies, and less metallic effect. Neither one has a significant odor, but if you sniff it right close up, you can smell some chemical smell, reminds me of vinyl inflatable boats or rafts. I don't know if this is a compound change across the board at Tantus, or per model; my guess is across the board; if so, it's a gain from a tactile point of view, a slight loss from an aesthetic one. Another curious sidenote is that the Ace appears to have been designed on a computer, whereas the Ryder appears to my eye to have been prototyped by hand, and then copied by mold; there is a barely-perceptible asymmetry to the Ryder which is rare to see in these days of automatic manufacture and even prototyping. I could be out of my tree.
I think the pointy design of the Ace is not as effective as a 'ball' shape would be, or even an oblate semi-spheroid. Tantus doesn't make such a thing, though. And their 'trailer hitch' shape, while interesting, is enormous, for extreme pluggers only (sometimes hard to tell with no perspective in the photos). Actually, I even purchased their gag to experiment with as a plug, as the shape is similar, just a smaller size, but... no. The Ryder has a more natural, rounder shape, which plays in just as much with comfort as does size. So again, I'd recommend the Ryder as a first or 'only' plug.
Just a note about non-Tantus brand plugs. These things seem like they were designed by people who don't know why a butt plug feels good. The stalks are really thin and short, or too thick relative to the head, and they all have looong, rather hugish bodies. Despite the Ryder being bigger in most dimensions over the Ace, it's significantly shorter than most 'medium' plugs you'll find, even 'small' ones, because for some reason, 'small' plugs by most names (like Doc Johnson) are just narrower, but inexplicably almost equally as long as their medium counterparts. And those 'mediums' are pretty large, especially for a beginner. You just don't need something going up there that far, at least most people don't. That's why it's usually called anal sex, not rectal sex, although people -are- using the term rectal sex more now, but more from a medical point of view.
The Tantus Ace Small is just about the smallest butt plug you're going to find, although you might not believe that when you actually see it. Through a lot of searching, you just may find a smaller one, but it might not be very well designed, shape-wise (it might not stay in well).
Click Here to see more reviews about: Silicone Plug - Small Ace Purple
Product Description:
This sleek and stylish new plug will fit where you want and stay put! The Ace is made to go the distance and can be enjoyed by beginners and experienced anal players as well. This plug has a usable length of 3.25" with a diameter up to 1.3". The tip is tapered for smooth entry. This butt plug is made safe with 100% ultra-premium platinum Silicone, which makes it hypoallergenic, hygienic, odorless, tasteless, bleachable, boilable, dishwasher safe, and phthalate free. Don't hesitate to experience the science of sensation with Tantus Toys!
Want to buy Silicone Plug - Small Ace Purple at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment